Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 10! I can’t believe it! Thank you all so much for visiting with me each day. I hope you picked up a new tip or two during your time with me. Please leave me a comment to let me know what you thought of the series and if you would like to see more in the future.

Today I am featuring “Me and My Mittens.”

My mom used to always bundle me up for the weather. I remember times I could hardly move because I had so many layers. What a smart lady! My mom always makes sure there is something warm and fuzzy for me to wear outdoors. Yes, even now in my 40’s!

I used Bo Bunny papers which are just amazing! The die cut is my favorite. Even though I received them in the Swirlydoos January kit, I ran out to my local scrapbook store to stock up on more!

Distress Ink Flowers



I absolutely love Prima flowers. The flowers I used were originally white. Using my non-stick craft sheet, I dabbed Distress Ink (Dusty Concord) directly to the sheet. I then sprayed a little water. I rolled the edges of my flowers in the mixture and then sprayed lightly with glimmer mist (Moonlight.)




I used several techniques on the different snowflakes.


Chipboard Snowflake Corner

I used smooch ink (Blue) to paint the chipboard snowflake corner which came with the Technique add-on kit. I used Dusty Concord Distress ink to color the chipboard snowflake. I then placed a smaller chipboard snowflake on top for added dimension. I painted both snowflakes with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. I glued the chipboard snowflakes to the middle of the snowflake corner.


Wooden Snowflake

I used Flower Soft to decorate the wooden snowflake I placed a round photo to the center of the snowflake. I then traced the photo and set it aside. I used Flower Soft glue and applied it to the outside of the snowflake. I then sprinkled Flower Soft on top of the glue and let dry. Once dry, I added my photo to the center.



Chipboard Icicle

I accented the icicle drops with stickles. I placed a line of glue across the top of the chipboard piece and sprinkled with white glitter.

Lettering

The letters are from the Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade sticker sheet. I traced the lettering with a white pen to make the letters pop.

5 comments:

An Zeelmaekers said...

beautiful LO....

Anna W said...

All the detail in this layout is amazing. I like the series-it is inspiring to see how someone else is using their supplies! It gives me good ideas for my own layouts.

LISA said...

Fabulous!!!!

Peggy said...

Robin, thanks so much for the entire series; I've learned so much from it all!!!!

Scrap by Heart said...

I love all your LO:s, they are gorgeous! Thank you for giving me so much inspiration.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed