Wednesday, December 31, 2014
It's time to bid 2014 a fond adieu!  Can you believe that when you wake up tomorrow it will be 2015?  Seriously, it seems like January 2014, t was just the other day.  I want to wish everyone a very safe and happy new year.  I hope that 2015 is a great year for you!

The Swirlydoos December kit was filled with gorgeous papers from Bo Bunny's Rose Cafe collection. Here I've  layered some scraps under the photo and added some journal pieces from the Rose Cafe collection Noteworthy Journal cards at the bottom of the photo.


I made the flowers using the Prima beads from the kit and Diamond Dust and stamen from my stash. I'll have a video tute on January 3rd to show you how to make these simple flowers.


Supplies:
Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny Rose Cafe collection:  Pink background - Rose Cafe,  brown and floral under photo - Espresso,  Rose Cafe Noteworthy Journaling cards
Diecuts and punches:  Alterations Tattered Floral, Martha Stewart Flourish Lace
Flowers:   handmade
Mist:  Lindy's Starburst Cosmopolitan Pink
Masks:  Prima Decor 1 & 2
Masking paste: 13 Arts  Ayeeda white gesso
Paint:      white
Other:  Diamond Dust, Prima beads, Darice stamen


I created the background on this layout by first tearing off a little strip of paper all along the edges of Bo Bunny's French Roast paper.  Then I inked and furthered distressed the edges a bit.  Next I stamped randomly with Mixed Media stamps and Stazon silver ink.  Then I did some masking in the upper right corner with a Prima Decor mask and Shimmerz Texturez.  I pressed some beads into the masking paste before it dried.  For a final touch to my background, I sprayed on some Shimmerzing Goldie Lox.  That just gives an overall shimmer to my background without adding much color.

I added a piece of cardstock to the back of my layout and I've used embossing enamel around the edges.





Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill Gem Onyx
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Rose Cafe French Roast, Noteworthy Journal Cards,
Laser cuts swirls: Bo Bunny Clockwork Shapes
Embossing powder: Stampendous aged gold
Flowers: Petaloo Sugared Berry Cluster blue, Petaloo Jeweled Flowers Lavender
Ink: Stazon Silver, Distress Gathered Twigs.
Mist: Shimmerzing Goldie Lox
Masks: Prima Decor
Masking paste: Shimmerz Texturez Sandy Stone
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Mixed Media
Other: Prima Resins 572358, Bo Buny Film Sticker, Prima Beads - butter

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Swirlydoos blog!     If you are not a Swirlydoos Kit Club subscriber, please consider it so that you never miss any of our beautifully coordinated kits. Please visit Swirlydoos Kit Club and click on Join Our Club on the left side bar. Be sure to mention my name, Maggi, when you subscribe because you will receive a 10% discount on your first kit AND a coupon for 30% off an entire purchase in the Swirlydoos store. Your Swirlydoos store purchases are always shipped free when shipped along with your monthly kit. Swirlydoos also maintains a Forum where everyone can share their work, tell stories and have a ton of fun! We have monthly challenges too so please come and join us!


2 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Gorgeous projects, Maggi; looking forward to the video!!!

Unknown said...

MAGGI!!! I LOVE that photo of you! beautiful projects as always!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed