Saturday, March 21, 2015
Hey Savages it's Kim here, today I am sharing my projects I created with the March *Garden Romance* Kit. Instead of a blog hop this month, we are doing a designer spotlight. Not only will I be sharing my projects, but I will tell you a bit of my process when working with the kit. Plus, I will be revealing a new challenge for March/April.

First off, let's talk about how I use the kit. When I get my box of goodies, I take it and go to a quiet room in the house. I don't like too be disturbed when I am opening my scrappy goodies. I start with my add-ons first and save the main kit for last as that is always the surprise.

Once I have gone through everything, I combine it all into one kit. Then I start planning my pages. Since I already have an idea of whats in the kit from the add on reveal, I already have specific pictures in mind. I typically start my scrapping with the sketch of the month. Have you seen this months sketch it is a beauty.

 Here is my interpretation of the sketch. This kit is perfect for me to scrap more of my wedding photos. Can you believe my wedding colors were pink and grey. How lucky was that? 

I used the mostly the main kit for this layout. The chippie, resin and a few of the pink flowers are from my stash.


For my next layout I continued on with the romantic feel. I love this photo of us and really wanted it to shine. Again, I used mostly items from the main kit, the flower and embellishment add-ons. I also grabbed a few items from past kits. The chippies and resin once again came from my stash.




Next up is the acrylic box from the project add on. Typically I don't get my project add on done right away, but this box is so cute. It was just calling to me.This project didn't take much time at all. There are these wonderful stencils in this kit, I used those and some shimmerz dazzlers to do the design on the top of the box. 

The big grey and pink roses came from my stash. The small grey flowers and the vine are in the kit. I did some stamping on the sides of the box. The chippies are also in the kit, I mixed 3 colors of embossing powder to get that look on them.


Now I would like to announce another challenge for March/April. This is going to be a color challenge. I just love the colors of this kit, so why not do a color challenge. Here is the color palette for this challenge.


Hold on my savages there is more to this challenge than just color. You will have to create your own ephemera to use as well. How you say? with stamps, that's how. Never fear, I have created a video (gasp did I just say video) tutorial on using your stamps to create your own ephemera. Please be kind, this is my first ever video, I promise to get better. 
You can check out the video you tube..

Here is my sample for the challenge. All the details of the challenge are posted here.


If you have gotten this far, thanks for hanging in there with me. I hope you enjoyed my projects as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you.

Don't forget if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim Heard) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!”



1 comments:

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous projects, Kim! Love the trinket box! The colors in this kit are so pretty and I'm glad we get to do a color challenge with them! Thanks so much for the video tutorial! Hope to see you do more of them!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed