Wednesday, June 10, 2015
 
 
 
 
Oh my gosh.... This kit is so, beyond words, gorgeous!
The colors are making you long for hot summer days, an ice cold ice tea and a lovely barbecue.
At least that's the mood this kit gives me.
 
These will be my last projects for Swirlydoos as a designer.
I wanna thank Krissy, for giving me the opportunity, to design for
The BEST KITCLUB there is. For her support and friendship.
I need a break to get my health back and get some things sorted out in my personal life.
But I still will be around there, cause... These ladies over (t)here are like family.
I love ya all savages!
 I also wanna say Thank You, to my dear friends and fellow DT members. You are the best!!!
*****************
Now on to my projects with the May kit...... My first page is based on the May sketch.
 
Isn't that a gorgeous sketch?
I wanted it to keep it pretty basic, cause I had this picture of my grandson, that I wanted to use.
 
Waking Up 
 
 here are some close up's:

 I twisted some flower-wire into a flourish., and I added some tiny beads to the mint flower that came in the Main Kit.
 
 
 For the first part of my title, I used the alpha stickers that came in the Main Kit, I inked them up using Archival ink in Potting Soil and in Black Jet. Then I added some doodling using a white gel pen.
 
The left the second part of the title alone, just raised them by glueing tiny pieces of chipboard to the back. I did a minimum bit of stenciling and added some Inka Gold. The gold splatters were made my watering down some Ranger Gold paint dabber.
 
Be your own kind of beautiful
When my daughter send me this picture of my grandson, I had a big grin on my face!
I just love his "morning hair do" And when I saw the text on one of the papers in the kit, I thought it was a perfect fit. Here are some close up's:
 

I used the stencil that came in the Mediums AddOn, and some splashing circles using Distress Stain in Antique Linen.

The DA chipboard came from my stash, which was a special Swirlydoos order. The chipboard first got a layer of Gesso and while still wet, I sprinkled embossing powder over it, in 2 different shades of blue. Then I added some Archival ink (Jet Black) in random spots.
 

Here's a better detailed look.
 

I used one of the chipboard frames that came in the Main Kit. Gesso-ed it and added some tiny little rhinestone stars, which were colored black with a permanent marker. The lovely blue pearl flourish was a gift from Rae, I wrote my journaling on the tag and slide it into a pocket which I made from the paper bag, the Mediums AddOn came in. The flower is handmade from a silky fabric.
 

 Bits and pieces, tucked in. A little looping with some twine, some lace, and I liked the way it came together.
 
Tutorial card/ Thinking of you
You can find a step by step photo tutorial, for this card, right here---->> TUTORIAL
 
And my last project: Just for you
 And I really mean, for YOU!
To thank you for putting up with my (Always) Photo -heavy posts and for your ever so lovely comments.
Here are some close up's:
 I started out with a black card, which I stamped with Ranger's Pigment Inkpad in Glacier White. I really love this ink. I think it is the best white inkpad out there.
 
 Some thread which I colored with glimmermist and topped off with a button and some messy black thread.
 
 
 I only spritzed the chipboard frame with a pink glimmermist, and gosh... It is so gorgeous in real life.
I also die cut some flowers out of fabric (Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die) and stamped on a few of them with Archival ink (Jet Black)
 
The metal chain comes from an old necklace, and the button is a left-over from a jacket.
 
These were my projects, I hope I got you somehow inspired.
 


1 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Your grandson is adorable and your layouts and sweet cards are gorgeous!!!
As much as I understand "why", you're stepping down, I'm saddened by the news that you are.
I'm going to miss your inspiration, Paulien.
I do hope so very much that you're able to visit often; it just isn't Swirlydoos without you <3

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed