Sunday, October 2, 2016
Hello, Swirly Scrappers!

I am excited to share Swirlydoos yummy September kit of the month with you. It is another beauty!
By now I hope you have seen the amazing monthly sketch but if not, here it is.


I decided to turn the sketch 90 degrees and then lift it. Remember you can turn a sketch once, twice, or three times and get a totally different look. I used one long photo rather than 3 smaller square pictures. This is me and my sister just last month getting ready to hike at Bennett Springs State Park.


I used the BoBunny stencils and some white embossing paste to add some texture to the background.



Here's a close up of the flower cluster with a butterfly.


Next, I played more with the BoBunny stencils, embossing paste, and the Artisan Powder in Rosewood. I embossed in white, allowed the paste to dry, and then brushed the powder on top while the stencil was still in place. That's the cool thing about the adhesive stencils. You could mix the powder in with the embossing paste but I was looking for a darker hue.


The flowers were handmade and embellished with the beads included in the main kit then brushed with the metallic watercolors included in the add on. I brushed the Art Stones from my stash with the metallic watercolors, too. Then the background was splattered with some of the same watercolor. The Nuvo Drops were added directly to the page. AWESOME stuff! Better than Perfect Pearls-no points. The Nuvo levels to a perfect pearl shape on your page. Don't be afraid to try it.

If you have not seen the Anatomy of a Layout yet then I will share that with you, too. It was a fun one to create using only the main kit, a stencil, embossing paste, and flower and butterfly punch from my stash. If you follow along, please share your interpretation!


Here's the video tutorial.




Now, here's one I created for the All that Flutters challenge. 


Lots of layers with tags, banners, and paper tearing. I loved that wooden frame. 


Did you get the watercolor add on?

Well, I was just itching to play with it so I had to play with the canvas next.


I started with a stencil and some embossing paste. Let that dry then sprayed the canvas with a bit of water so the water colors that I wanted to add would spread easily. Then, I just started to add the water colors from the metallic set by Prima. Dried that. Splattered some more watercolors, stamped some random Archival ink in black, added some gold foil rub ons from a past kit and then began adding the flowers atop the BoBunny chipboard door.

The yellow velvet butterflies are from a past Swirlydoos kit and the vellum was also from a past kit. I just used a butterfly punch then cut the vellum butterfly in half and attached each half to the velvet butterfly next to the beaded body.




I LOVE this canvas! It is very shiny IRL.

These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!










0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed