Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Hello, Swirly Savages!

Don't you just love the beautiful blues in the gorgeous March kit? And, what about that sketch Kim put together for us? I know I loved it! So, let me share my interpretation of the sketch.


I used water distressing technique around the edges of the background paper. There is some random stamping and splats of Smooch in black on the background as well.


There is some stenciling done with 3D Gloss Gel.


Just a close-up of the flower cluster. 



Who got the carousel? I had a few glasses of wine with this one!



Both sides of the panels were decorated. So, I rotated them so you could see both sides. The string of lights are nestled inside with some cheesecloth.




 Here's a close-up showing the random stamping and the paper clay flowers using IOD molds. The panels were painted with Finnabair white crackle paint and an acrylic paint in a teal color. The molds were painted with Sparks and touched with the new Finnabair waxes.

Just a close-up showing the stenciling, stamping, and splats.


 Another IOD mold...
Here's the top of the carousel.

Close-ups of the top.




Here's a short video showing how the panels were decorated.



Wow! That was a lot of work!

Here's my ATF entry for this kit.

The chippy is treated with Prima Color Blooms, Perfect Pearls, and several colors of embossing powder then dusted with some micro beads.

Here's the butterfly close-up.


This is a little mini album that I will use for some of my favorite inspirational quotes or scripture.

Here's a few of the inside pages. 




The back.


Just a peek at the spine.


Ok, here's another layout. I finally used my new Cricut Air to cut the envelopes.



And, here's what I did with the file folder. I want to fill it with photos of different parks that I plan on hiking this summer. It's a smash book of sorts.

Here's the cover.


And, the inside.














Here's a video tour of the finished file folder.

Wanna know how I made it? Here's a video of the process.




I was just playing around with the die that came in a previous Swirlydoos kit and made this little card. The dogwood blooms were cut from vellum using a Heartfelt Creations die.





Here's a close up of the vellum flowers that were embossed with white embossing powder and then water colored on the back.


Ok, I just couldn't stop! I made a one page wonder mini album.

This is the album partially opened.

This is the mini completely opened and the tag removed from the pocket page.



These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!










1 comments:

Merrihew said...

Awesome projects, Jan! Thanks for sharing the videos!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed