Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Happy day, all!

Stopping by to share the projects I created with the sweet "Sunshine" August kit of the month from Swirlydoos. 




First, let me share the sketch of the month. 



I liked the suggestion for deeply distressed edges in the sketch. So, I actually took a lighter and burned the edges of the background paper before mounting it on black card stock.


Here's a close up with the mix of Prima Art Stones that were painted with Prima watercolor.

A peek at the finished sketch layout. I did splatter with some Lindy's in Buccaneer Blue.



Next, I opened the technique kit add on. This month did not disappoint either. 



Loved making this cute wall art.


I will share a video tutorial in a few weeks so you can see how I made this.


How about one for the All that Flutters aka ATF challenge?

I busted out the new Cricut Air to cut the hexagons.

Then, I busted out the sewing machine to sew all those suckers on!
I altered the alphas with Ingvild Bohme inks, Prima stamps, Smooch, Heidi Swapp color shine and a black pen. The chippy peeking out from behind the title was cut apart and altered with Prima Patina paste.

And, here's a butterfly kissed with the yellow glitter glue included in the kit this month.


One more...

The chippy was altered with the Prima Patina pastes and some embossing powder. I decided to include some handwritten journaling on this one.

Oh! Check out the bottle cap! I just figured out that you can run the bottle caps through the Big Shot with only one of the thinner plates + the thick metal plate and it will curl the edges of the bottle cap up. Pretty cool effect and easier to attach to the page with less bulk. Maybe this is an old trick for you but I never knew about this until I experimented last week!


Happy scrapping!


These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!





0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed